Related occupations for task:
Inventory and requisition supplies and instruments.
- Count sponges, needles, and instruments before and after operation.
- Clean and restock operating room, gathering and placing equipment and supplies and arranging instruments according to instructions, such as a preference card.
- Order surgical supplies.
- Maintain supply of fluids, such as plasma, saline, blood, or glucose, for use during operations.
- Maintain proper storage and security conditions for drugs.
- Order, label, and count stock of medications, chemicals, or supplies and enter inventory data into computer.
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against invoices, check for outdated medications in current inventory, and inform supervisors of stock needs and shortages.
- Restock intravenous (IV) supplies and add measured drugs or nutrients to IV solutions under sterile conditions to prepare IV packs for various uses, such as chemotherapy medication.
- Perform administrative duties, such as hiring employees, ordering supplies, or keeping records.
- Order medical and laboratory supplies and equipment.
- Manage surgery services, including planning, scheduling and coordination, determination of procedures, or procurement of supplies and equipment.
See more related occupations >>