Related occupations for task:
Review filed tax returns to determine whether claimed tax credits and deductions are allowed by law.
||Accountants and Auditors
- Inspect account books and accounting systems for efficiency, effectiveness, and use of accepted accounting procedures to record transactions.
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Review accounts for discrepancies and reconcile differences.
- Audit payroll and personnel records to determine unemployment insurance premiums, workers' compensation coverage, liabilities, and compliance with tax laws.
- Review data about material assets, net worth, liabilities, capital stock, surplus, income, or expenditures.
||Appraisers and Assessors of Real Estate
- Identify the ownership of each piece of taxable property.
- Examine income records and operating costs of income properties.
- Review and update credit and loan files.
- Review accounts to determine write-offs for collection agencies.
- Verify and inspect cash reserves, assigned collateral, and bank-owned securities to check internal control procedures.
||Insurance Appraisers, Auto Damage
- Review repair cost estimates with automobile repair shop to secure agreement on cost of repairs.
See all 13 related occupations >>