Related occupations for task:
Examine accounting systems and records to determine whether accounting methods used were appropriate and in compliance with statutory provisions.
- Inspect account books and accounting systems for efficiency, effectiveness, and use of accepted accounting procedures to record transactions.
- Review data about material assets, net worth, liabilities, capital stock, surplus, income, and expenditures.
- Examine and evaluate financial and information systems, recommending controls to ensure system reliability and data integrity.
- Examine records and interview workers to ensure recording of transactions and compliance with laws and regulations.
- Audit payroll and personnel records to determine unemployment insurance premiums, workers' compensation coverage, liabilities, and compliance with tax laws.
- Conduct pre-implementation audits to determine if systems and programs under development will work as planned.
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Review accounts for discrepancies and reconcile differences.
- Maintain or examine the records of government agencies.
- Provide internal and external auditing services for businesses or individuals.
- Investigate activities of institutions to enforce laws and regulations and to ensure legality of transactions and operations or financial solvency.
- Evaluate data processing applications for institutions under examination to develop recommendations for coordinating existing systems with examination procedures.
- Verify and inspect cash reserves, assigned collateral, and bank-owned securities to check internal control procedures.
||Insurance Appraisers, Auto Damage
- Review repair cost estimates with automobile repair shop to secure agreement on cost of repairs.
- Review individual or commercial customer files to identify and select delinquent accounts for collection.
See all 15 related occupations >>