Related occupations for task:
Secure a taxpayer's agreement to discharge a tax assessment or submit contested determinations to other administrative or judicial conferees for appeals hearings.
||Labor Relations Specialists
- Call or meet with union, company, government, or other interested parties to discuss labor relations matters, such as contract negotiations or grievances.
- Mediate discussions between employer and employee representatives in attempt to reconcile differences.
||Property, Real Estate, and Community Association Managers
- Maintain contact with insurance carriers, fire and police departments, and other agencies to ensure protection and compliance with codes and regulations.
- Confer with legal authorities to ensure that renting and advertising practices are not discriminatory and that properties comply with state and federal regulations.
||Compensation, Benefits, and Job Analysis Specialists
- Consult with, or serve as, technical liaison between business, industry, government, and union officials.
- Work with the Department of Labor and promote its use with employers.
||Claims Adjusters, Examiners, and Investigators
- Investigate, evaluate, and settle claims, applying technical knowledge and human relations skills to effect fair and prompt disposal of cases and to contribute to a reduced loss ratio.
- Negotiate claim settlements or recommend litigation when settlement cannot be negotiated.
- Monitor and report incidents of infectious diseases to local and state health agencies.
- Communicate research findings on various types of diseases to health practitioners, policy makers, and the public.
See more related occupations >>