Related occupations for task:
Plan and conduct industrial hygiene research.
||Human Factors Engineers and Ergonomists
- Collect data through direct observation of work activities or witnessing the conduct of tests.
- Conduct interviews or surveys of users or customers to collect information on topics such as requirements, needs, fatigue, ergonomics, or interfaces.
- Perform functional, task, or anthropometric analysis, using tools such as checklists, surveys, videotaping or force measurement.
- Conduct research to evaluate potential solutions related to changes in equipment design, procedures, manpower, personnel, or training.
- Analyze complex systems to determine potential for further development, production, interoperability, compatibility, or usefulness in a particular area, such as aviation.
- Investigate theoretical or conceptual issues, such as the human design considerations of lunar landers or habitats.
||Industrial Engineering Technicians
- Study time, motion, methods, or speed involved in maintenance, production, or other operations to establish standard production rate or improve efficiency.
||Industrial Engineering Technologists
- Conduct time and motion studies to identify opportunities to improve worker efficiency.