Related Occupations for Task
17-2161.00 - Nuclear Engineers
Related occupations for task:
Recommend preventive measures to be taken in the handling of nuclear technology, based on data obtained from operations monitoring or from evaluation of test results.
||Fire-Prevention and Protection Engineers
- Advise architects, builders, and other construction personnel on fire prevention equipment and techniques and on fire code and standard interpretation and compliance.
- Consult with authorities to discuss safety regulations and to recommend changes as necessary.
||Human Factors Engineers and Ergonomists
- Recommend workplace changes to improve health and safety, using knowledge of potentially harmful factors, such as heavy loads or repetitive motions.
- Provide technical support to clients through activities, such as rearranging workplace fixtures to reduce physical hazards or discomfort or modifying task sequences to reduce cycle time.
||Health and Safety Engineers, Except Mining Safety Engineers and Inspectors
- Recommend procedures for detection, prevention, and elimination of physical, chemical, or other product hazards.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to organizations on how to handle health-related problems and make needed changes.
||Mining and Geological Engineers, Including Mining Safety Engineers
- Test air to detect toxic gases and recommend measures to remove them, such as installation of ventilation shafts.
- Investigate traffic problems and recommend methods to improve traffic flow or safety.