Related Occupations for Task
19-3091.01 - Anthropologists
Related occupations for task:
Gather and analyze artifacts and skeletal remains to increase knowledge of ancient cultures.
- Study objects and structures recovered by excavation to identify, date, and authenticate them and to interpret their significance.
- Research, survey, or assess sites of past societies and cultures in search of answers to specific research questions.
- Compare findings from one site with archeological data from other sites to find similarities or differences.
- Consult site reports, existing artifacts, and topographic maps to identify archeological sites.
- Develop and test theories concerning the origin and development of past cultures.
- Create artifact typologies to organize and make sense of past material cultures.
- Analyze geographic distributions of physical and cultural phenomena on local, regional, continental, or global scales.
- Study the economic, political, and cultural characteristics of a specific region's population.
||Forest and Conservation Technicians
- Inspect trees and collect samples of plants, seeds, foliage, bark, and roots to locate insect and disease damage.
||Social Science Research Assistants
- Collect specimens such as blood samples, as required by research projects.
||Zoologists and Wildlife Biologists
- Collect and dissect animal specimens and examine specimens under microscope.
See all 8 related occupations >>