Related Occupations for Task
19-3092.00 - Geographers
Related occupations for task:
Analyze geographic distributions of physical and cultural phenomena on local, regional, continental, or global scales.
- Study objects and structures recovered by excavation to identify, date, and authenticate them and to interpret their significance.
- Research, survey, or assess sites of past societies and cultures in search of answers to specific research questions.
- Compare findings from one site with archeological data from other sites to find similarities or differences.
- Consult site reports, existing artifacts, and topographic maps to identify archeological sites.
- Develop and test theories concerning the origin and development of past cultures.
- Create artifact typologies to organize and make sense of past material cultures.
- Gather and analyze artifacts and skeletal remains to increase knowledge of ancient cultures.
- Observe and measure bodily variations and physical attributes of different human groups.
||Anthropology and Archeology Teachers, Postsecondary
- Conduct ethnographic field research.