Related Occupations for Task
31-9091.00 - Dental Assistants
Related occupations for task:
Prepare patient, sterilize or disinfect instruments, set up instrument trays, prepare materials, or assist dentist during dental procedures.
||Medical Equipment Preparers
- Operate and maintain steam autoclaves, keeping records of loads completed, items in loads, and maintenance procedures performed.
- Clean instruments to prepare them for sterilization.
- Organize and assemble routine or specialty surgical instrument trays or other sterilized supplies, filling special requests as needed.
- Disinfect and sterilize equipment such as respirators, hospital beds, or oxygen or dialysis equipment, using sterilizers, aerators, or washers.
- Purge wastes from equipment by connecting equipment to water sources and flushing water through systems.
- Install and set up medical equipment, using hand tools.
||Veterinary Assistants and Laboratory Animal Caretakers
- Assist veterinarians in examining animals to determine the nature of illnesses or injuries.
- Clean, maintain, and sterilize instruments or equipment.
- Prepare surgical equipment and pass instruments or materials to veterinarians during surgical procedures.
- Provide assistance with euthanasia of animals or disposal of corpses.
- Clean and sterilize instruments and dispose of contaminated supplies.
- Help physicians examine and treat patients, handing them instruments or materials or performing such tasks as giving injections or removing sutures.
- Set up medical laboratory equipment.
||Physical Therapist Aides
- Clean and organize work area and disinfect equipment after treatment.
- Arrange treatment supplies to keep them in order.
- Maintain equipment or furniture to keep it in good working condition, including performing the assembly or disassembly of equipment or accessories.
- Disinfect or sterilize equipment or supplies, using germicides or sterilizing equipment.
- Clean equipment, such as wheelchairs, hospital beds, or portable medical equipment, documenting needed repairs or maintenance.
See all 12 related occupations >>