Related occupations for task:
Provide clients or family members with information about addiction issues and about available services or programs, making appropriate referrals when necessary.
||Educational, Guidance, School, and Vocational Counselors
- Plan and promote career and employment-related programs and events, such as career planning presentations, work experience programs, job fairs, and career workshops.
- Address community groups, faculty, and staff members to explain available counseling services.
- Assess needs for assistance, such as rehabilitation, financial aid, or additional vocational training, and refer clients to the appropriate services.
- Develop and present health education and promotion programs, such as training workshops, conferences, and school or community presentations.
- Provide program information to the public by preparing and presenting press releases, conducting media campaigns, or maintaining program-related Web sites.
||Child, Family, and School Social Workers
- Refer clients to community resources for services, such as job placement, debt counseling, legal aid, housing, medical treatment, or financial assistance, and provide concrete information, such as where to go and how to apply.
||Marriage and Family Therapists
- Provide public education and consultation to other professionals or groups regarding counseling services, issues, and methods.
||Social and Human Service Assistants
- Provide information or refer individuals to public or private agencies or community services for assistance.
See all 11 related occupations >>