Related occupations for task:
Monitor, note, report, and investigate suspicious persons and situations, safety hazards, and unusual or illegal activity in patrol area.
||Transportation Security Screeners
- Notify supervisors or other appropriate personnel when security breaches occur.
- Inform other screeners when baggage should not be opened because it might contain explosives.
- Watch for potentially dangerous persons whose pictures are posted at checkpoints.
- Contact leads or supervisors to discuss objects of concern that are not on prohibited object lists.
- View images of checked bags and cargo, using remote screening equipment, and alert baggage screeners or handlers to any possible problems.
- Provide information to lab personnel concerning the source of an item of evidence and tests to be performed.
- Summon medical help for injured individuals and alert medical personnel to take statements from them.
- Notify command of situation and request assistance.
- Maintain surveillance of establishments to obtain identifying information on suspects.
- Study activities relating to narcotics, money laundering, gangs, auto theft rings, terrorism, or other national security threats.
- Link or chart suspects to criminal organizations or events to determine activities and interrelationships.
- Study the assets of criminal suspects to determine the flow of money from or to targeted groups.
||Parking Enforcement Workers
- Perform simple vehicle maintenance procedures, such as checking oil and gas, and report mechanical problems to supervisors.
- Identify vehicles in violation of parking codes, checking with dispatchers when necessary to confirm identities or to determine whether vehicles need to be booted or towed.
- Make arrangements for illegally parked or abandoned vehicles to be towed, and direct tow-truck drivers to the correct vehicles.
||Retail Loss Prevention Specialists
- Identify and report merchandise or stock shortages.
- Identify and report safety concerns to maintain a safe shopping and working environment.
- Perform covert surveillance of areas susceptible to loss, such loading docks, distribution centers, or warehouses.
See all 16 related occupations >>