Related occupations for task:
Select, store, order, issue, and inventory classroom equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Issue identification cards to borrowers.
- Order all print and non-print library materials, checking prices, figuring costs, preparing order slips, and making payments.
- Claim missing issues of periodicals and journals.
- File catalog cards according to system used.
||Teaching Assistants, Preschool, Elementary, Middle, and Secondary School, Except Special Education
- Distribute teaching materials, such as textbooks, workbooks, papers, and pencils to students.
- Distribute tests and homework assignments and collect them when they are completed.
- Requisition and stock teaching materials and supplies.
- Type, file, and duplicate materials.
||Librarians and Media Collections Specialists
- Keep up-to-date records of circulation and materials, maintain inventory, and correct cataloging errors.
- Evaluate vendor products and performance, negotiate contracts, and place orders.
- Arrange for interlibrary loans of materials not available in a particular library.
- Plan and organize the acquisition, storage, and exhibition of collections and related materials, including the selection of exhibition themes and designs, and develop or install exhibit materials.
- Negotiate and authorize purchase, sale, exchange, or loan of collections.
- Establish specifications for reproductions and oversee their manufacture or select items from commercially available replica sources.
||Teaching Assistants, Postsecondary
- Return assignments to students in accordance with established deadlines.
- Order or obtain materials needed for classes.
- Copy and distribute classroom materials.
See more related occupations >>