Related Occupations for Task
29-1021.00 - Dentists, General
Related occupations for task:
Design, make, or fit prosthodontic appliances, such as space maintainers, bridges, or dentures, or write fabrication instructions or prescriptions for denturists or dental technicians.
||Orthotists and Prosthetists
- Fit, test, and evaluate devices on patients, and make adjustments for proper fit, function, and comfort.
- Select materials and components to be used, based on device design.
- Design orthopedic and prosthetic devices, based on physicians' prescriptions and examination and measurement of patients.
- Make and modify plaster casts of areas that will be fitted with prostheses or orthoses, for use in the device construction process.
- Construct and fabricate appliances or supervise others constructing the appliances.
- Repair, rebuild, and modify prosthetic and orthopedic appliances.
- Verify that finished lenses are ground to specifications.
- Fabricate lenses to meet prescription specifications.
- Assemble eyeglasses by cutting and edging lenses, and fitting the lenses into frames.
- Grind lens edges, or apply coatings to lenses.
- Design and fabricate dental prostheses, or supervise dental technicians and laboratory bench workers who construct the devices.
- Fit prostheses to patients, making any necessary adjustments and modifications.
||Hearing Aid Specialists
- Maintain or repair hearing aids or other communication devices.
- Create or modify impressions for earmolds and hearing aid shells.
- Evaluate, fit, or adjust prosthetic or orthotic devices or recommend modification to orthotist.
- Construct, maintain, or repair medical supportive devices.
See all 12 related occupations >>