||Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Perform surgery to prepare the mouth for dental implants, and to aid in the regeneration of deficient bone and gum tissues.
- Remove tumors and other abnormal growths of the oral and facial regions, using surgical instruments.
- Restore form and function by moving skin, bone, nerves, and other tissues from other parts of the body to reconstruct the jaws and face.
- Perform surgery on the mouth and jaws to treat conditions, such as cleft lip and palate and jaw growth problems.
- Perform minor cosmetic procedures, such as chin and cheekbone enhancements.
- Treat snoring problems, using laser surgery.
||Cardiovascular Technologists and Technicians
- Conduct electrocardiogram (EKG), phonocardiogram, echocardiogram, stress testing, or other cardiovascular tests to record patients' cardiac activity, using specialized electronic test equipment, recording devices, or laboratory instruments.
- Attach electrodes to the patients' chests, arms, and legs, connect electrodes to leads from the electrocardiogram (EKG) machine, and operate the EKG machine to obtain a reading.
- Conduct tests of pulmonary system, using spirometer or other respiratory testing equipment.
- Set up 24-hour Holter and event monitors, scan and interpret tapes, and report results to physicians.
- Conduct electrocardiogram (EKG), phonocardiogram, echocardiogram, or other cardiovascular tests to record patients' cardiac activity, using specialized electronic test equipment, recording devices, or laboratory instruments.
- Conduct tests of the pulmonary system using a spirometer or other respiratory testing equipment.
- Perform minimally invasive surgical procedures, such as implanting pacemakers and defibrillators.
- Perform vascular procedures, such as balloon angioplasty and stents.
- Maintain an unobstructed operative field, using surgical retractors, sponges, or suctioning and irrigating equipment.
- Apply sutures, staples, clips, or other materials to close skin, facia, or subcutaneous wound layers.
- Clamp, ligate, or cauterize blood vessels to control bleeding during surgical entry, using hemostatic clamps, suture ligatures, or electrocautery equipment.
- Incise tissue layers in lower extremities to harvest veins.
- Perform incisional biopsies to diagnose melanoma.
- Perform skin surgery to improve appearance, make early diagnoses, or control diseases such as skin cancer.
- Provide liposuction treatment to patients.