Related Occupations for Task
33-2021.02 - Fire Investigators
Related occupations for task:
Analyze evidence and other information to determine probable cause of fire or explosion.
||Police Identification and Records Officers
- Analyze and process evidence at crime scenes, during autopsies, or in the laboratory, wearing protective equipment and using powders and chemicals.
- Identify, compare, classify, and file fingerprints, using systems such as Automated Fingerprint Identification System (AFIS) or the Henry Classification System.
||Criminal Investigators and Special Agents
- Analyze evidence in laboratories or in the field.
- Compare crime scene fingerprints with those from suspects or fingerprint files to identify perpetrators, using computers.
- Preserve, process, and analyze items of evidence obtained from crime scenes and suspects, placing them in proper containers and destroying evidence no longer needed.