Related Occupations for Task
41-2031.00 - Retail Salespersons
Related occupations for task:
Describe merchandise and explain use, operation, and care of merchandise to customers.
||Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Technical and Scientific Products
- Emphasize product features based on analyses of customers' needs and on technical knowledge of product capabilities and limitations.
- Inform customers of estimated delivery schedules, service contracts, warranties, or other information pertaining to purchased products.
- Provide customers with ongoing technical support.
- Advise customers on product usage to improve production.
- Present information to customers about the energy efficiency or environmental impact of scientific or technical products.
- Inform customers about issues related to responsible use and disposal of products, such as waste reduction or product or byproduct recycling or disposal.
||Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Except Technical and Scientific Products
- Contact regular and prospective customers to demonstrate products, explain product features, and solicit orders.
- Estimate or quote prices, credit or contract terms, warranties, and delivery dates.
- Consult with clients after sales or contract signings to resolve problems and to provide ongoing support.
- Train customers' employees to operate and maintain new equipment.
- Assist customers, such as responding to customer complaints and updating them about back-ordered parts.
- Discuss use and features of various parts, based on knowledge of machines or equipment.
- Advise customers on substitution or modification of parts when identical replacements are not available.
- Demonstrate equipment to customers and explain functioning of equipment.
||Counter and Rental Clerks
- Provide information about rental items, such as availability, operation, or description.
- Recommend and provide advice on a wide variety of products and services.
- Advise customers on use and care of merchandise.
||Demonstrators and Product Promoters
- Demonstrate or explain products, methods, or services to persuade customers to purchase products or use services.
- Instruct customers in alteration of products.
See more related occupations >>