||Drywall and Ceiling Tile Installers
- Cut fixture or border tiles to size, using keyhole saws, and insert them into surrounding frameworks.
- Seal joints between ceiling tiles and walls.
- Mount tile, using adhesives, or by nailing, screwing, stapling, or wire-tying lath directly to structural frameworks.
- Nail channels or wood furring strips to surfaces to provide mounting for tile.
- Apply cement to backs of tiles and press tiles into place, aligning them with layout marks or joints of previously laid tile.
||Tile and Marble Setters
- Lay and set mosaic tiles to create decorative wall, mural, and floor designs.
- Finish and dress the joints and wipe excess grout from between tiles, using damp sponge.
- Cut, surface, polish, and install marble and granite or install pre-cast terrazzo, granite or marble units.
- Build underbeds and install anchor bolts, wires, and brackets.
||Weatherization Installers and Technicians
- Install and seal air ducts, combustion air openings, or ventilation openings to improve heating and cooling efficiency.
- Prepare and apply weather-stripping, glazing, caulking, or door sweeps to reduce energy losses.
- Apply spackling, compounding, or other materials to repair holes in walls.
||Helpers--Brickmasons, Blockmasons, Stonemasons, and Tile and Marble Setters
- Apply grout between joints of bricks or tiles, using grouting trowels.
- Remove damaged tile, brick, or mortar, and clean or prepare surfaces, using pliers, hammers, chisels, drills, wire brushes, or metal wire anchors.
- Correct surface imperfections or fill chipped, cracked, or broken bricks or tiles, using fillers, adhesives, or grouting materials.
- Apply additional coats to fill in holes and make surfaces smooth.
- Seal joints between plasterboard or other wallboard to prepare wall surfaces for painting or papering.
- Apply texturizing compounds or primers to walls or ceilings before final finishing, using trowels, brushes, rollers, or spray guns.