||Solderers and Brazers
- Melt and apply solder along adjoining edges of workpieces to solder joints, using soldering irons, gas torches, or electric-ultrasonic equipment.
- Melt and apply solder to fill holes, indentations, or seams of fabricated metal products, using soldering equipment.
- Melt and separate brazed or soldered joints to remove and straighten damaged or misaligned components, using hand torches, irons, or furnaces.
- Place solder bars into containers and turn knobs to specified positions to melt solder and regulate its temperature.
||Molding and Casting Workers
- Pour, pack, spread, or press plaster, concrete, liquid plastic, or other materials into or around models or molds.
- Place forms around models and separately immerse each half portion of a model in plaster, wax, or other mold-making materials.
- Melt metal pieces, using torches, and cast products, such as inlays and crowns, using centrifugal casting machines.
- Pour molten metal alloys or other materials into molds in order to cast models of jewelry.
- Weigh, mix, and melt metal alloys or materials needed for jewelry models.
- Melt and roll out metal into sheets or bars, and stamp out jewelry such as gold and silver chains, using presses or dies.
||Foundry Mold and Coremakers
- Sift and pack sand into mold sections, core boxes, and pattern contours, using hand or pneumatic ramming tools.
- Position cores into lower sections of molds, and reassemble molds for pouring.
- Pour molten metal into molds, manually or using crane ladles.
||Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Pour or load metal or sand into melting pots, furnaces, molds, or hoppers, using shovels, ladles, or machines.
- Pull level and toggle latches to fill molds, to regulate tension on sheeting, and to release mold covers.