Related occupations for task:
Examine income records and operating costs of income properties.
||Tax Examiners and Collectors, and Revenue Agents
- Conduct independent field audits and investigations of income tax returns to verify information or to amend tax liabilities.
- Review selected tax returns to determine the nature and extent of audits to be performed on them.
- Investigate claims of inability to pay taxes by researching court information for the status of liens, mortgages, or financial statements, or by locating assets through third parties.
- Process individual and corporate income tax returns, and sales and excise tax returns.
- Examine accounting systems and records to determine whether accounting methods used were appropriate and in compliance with statutory provisions.
- Review filed tax returns to determine whether claimed tax credits and deductions are allowed by law.
- Inspect account books and accounting systems for efficiency, effectiveness, and use of accepted accounting procedures to record transactions.
- Review data about material assets, net worth, liabilities, capital stock, surplus, income, and expenditures.
- Audit payroll and personnel records to determine unemployment insurance premiums, workers' compensation coverage, liabilities, and compliance with tax laws.
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Review accounts for discrepancies and reconcile differences.
- Verify and inspect cash reserves, assigned collateral, and bank-owned securities to check internal control procedures.
||Insurance Appraisers, Auto Damage
- Review repair cost estimates with automobile repair shop to secure agreement on cost of repairs.
See all 14 related occupations >>