Related Occupations for Task
13-2061.00 - Financial Examiners
Related occupations for task:
Verify and inspect cash reserves, assigned collateral, and bank-owned securities to check internal control procedures.
||Tax Examiners and Collectors, and Revenue Agents
- Conduct independent field audits and investigations of income tax returns to verify information or to amend tax liabilities.
- Review selected tax returns to determine the nature and extent of audits to be performed on them.
- Investigate claims of inability to pay taxes by researching court information for the status of liens, mortgages, or financial statements, or by locating assets through third parties.
- Process individual and corporate income tax returns, and sales and excise tax returns.
- Examine accounting systems and records to determine whether accounting methods used were appropriate and in compliance with statutory provisions.
- Review filed tax returns to determine whether claimed tax credits and deductions are allowed by law.
- Inspect account books and accounting systems for efficiency, effectiveness, and use of accepted accounting procedures to record transactions.
- Prepare, analyze, and verify annual reports, financial statements, and other records, using accepted accounting and statistical procedures to assess financial condition and facilitate financial planning.
- Review data about material assets, net worth, liabilities, capital stock, surplus, income, and expenditures.
- Audit payroll and personnel records to determine unemployment insurance premiums, workers' compensation coverage, liabilities, and compliance with tax laws.
- Review taxpayer accounts, and conduct audits on-site, by correspondence, or by summoning taxpayer to office.
- Check loan agreements to ensure that they are complete and accurate, according to policies.
- Review accounts to determine write-offs for collection agencies.
- Review loan agreements to ensure that they are complete and accurate according to policy.
- Review and update credit and loan files.
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
See all 16 related occupations >>