Related occupations for task:
Operate telephone switchboard to answer, screen, or forward calls, providing information, taking messages, or scheduling appointments.
||Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive
- Answer telephones and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
- Schedule and confirm appointments for clients, customers, or supervisors.
- Maintain scheduling and event calendars.
- Answer telephones and direct calls to appropriate staff.
- Schedule and confirm patient diagnostic appointments, surgeries, or medical consultations.
- Schedule tests or procedures for patients, such as lab work or x-rays, based on physician orders.
||Switchboard Operators, Including Answering Service
- Answer incoming calls, greeting callers, providing information, transferring calls or taking messages as necessary.
- Perform administrative tasks, such as accepting orders, scheduling appointments or meeting rooms, or sending and receiving faxes.
- Monitor emergency and code alarms, make emergency announcements, or route emergency calls to the appropriate location.
- Listen to customer requests, referring to alphabetical or geographical directories to answer questions and provide telephone information.
- Operate telephone switchboards and systems to advance and complete connections, including those for local, long distance, pay telephone, mobile, person-to-person, and emergency calls.
- Receive and place telephone calls.
- Schedule and make appointments.
See more related occupations >>