Related Occupations for Task
17-3031.02 - Mapping Technicians
Related occupations for task:
Identify and compile database information to create maps in response to requests.
||Cartographers and Photogrammetrists
- Compile data required for map preparation, including aerial photographs, survey notes, records, reports, and original maps.
- Study legal records to establish boundaries of local, national, and international properties.
- Collect information needed to carry out new surveys, using source maps, previous survey data, photographs, computer records, and other relevant information.
- Compile information necessary to stake projects for construction, using engineering plans.
- Request additional survey data when field collection errors occur or engineering surveying specifications are not maintained.
- Search legal records, survey records, and land titles to obtain information about property boundaries in areas to be surveyed.