Related Occupations for Task
17-3031.02 - Mapping Technicians
Related occupations for task:
Redraw or correct maps, such as revising parcel maps, to reflect tax code area changes, using information from official records or surveys.
||Cartographers and Photogrammetrists
- Determine map content and layout, as well as production specifications such as scale, size, projection, and colors, and direct production to ensure that specifications are followed.
- Revise existing maps and charts, making all necessary corrections and adjustments.
- Prepare and alter trace maps, charts, tables, detailed drawings, and three-dimensional optical models of terrain using stereoscopic plotting and computer graphics equipment.
- Delineate aerial photographic detail, such as control points, hydrography, topography, and cultural features, using precision stereoplotting apparatus or drafting instruments.
- Prepare and maintain sketches, maps, reports, and legal descriptions of surveys to describe, certify, and assume liability for work performed.
- Establish fixed points for use in making maps, using geodetic and engineering instruments.
- Draw maps, diagrams, and profiles, using cross-sections and surveys, to represent elevations, topographical contours, subsurface formations and structures.
- Prepare site plans, specifications, or cost estimates for land development.
||Civil Engineering Technicians
- Analyze proposed site factors and design maps, graphs, tracings, and diagrams to illustrate findings.
See all 6 related occupations >>