Related Occupations for Task
19-1031.02 - Range Managers
Related occupations for task:
Study forage plants and their growth requirements to determine varieties best suited to particular range.
||Soil and Plant Scientists
- Conduct research to determine best methods of planting, spraying, cultivating, harvesting, storing, processing, or transporting horticultural products.
- Investigate responses of soils to specific management practices to determine the use capabilities of soils and the effects of alternative practices on soil productivity.
- Determine the germination rates of seeds planted in specified areas.
||Precision Agriculture Technicians
- Compare crop yield maps with maps of soil test data, chemical application patterns, or other information to develop site-specific crop management plans.
||Molecular and Cellular Biologists
- Conduct applied research aimed at improvements in areas such as disease testing, crop quality, pharmaceuticals, and the harnessing of microbes to recycle waste.
- Analyze effect of forest conditions on tree growth rates and tree species prevalence and the yield, duration, seed production, growth viability, and germination of different species.