Related Occupations for Task
19-2011.00 - Astronomers
Related occupations for task:
Measure radio, infrared, gamma, and x-ray emissions from extraterrestrial sources.
||Nuclear Monitoring Technicians
- Calculate safe radiation exposure times for personnel using plant contamination readings and prescribed safe levels of radiation.
- Monitor personnel to determine the amounts and intensities of radiation exposure.
- Determine intensities and types of radiation in work areas, equipment, or materials, using radiation detectors or other instruments.
||Nuclear Equipment Operation Technicians
- Calculate equipment operating factors, such as radiation times, dosages, temperatures, gamma intensities, or pressures, using standard formulas and conversion tables.
- Measure the intensity and identify the types of radiation in work areas, equipment, or materials, using radiation detectors or other instruments.
||Geoscientists, Except Hydrologists and Geographers
- Measure characteristics of the Earth, such as gravity or magnetic fields, using equipment such as seismographs, gravimeters, torsion balances, or magnetometers.
- Assess ground or surface water movement to provide advice on issues, such as waste management, route and site selection, or the restoration of contaminated sites.
- Map forest area soils and vegetation to estimate the amount of standing timber and future value and growth.
- Survey park to determine forest conditions and distribution and abundance of fauna and flora.
See all 9 related occupations >>