Related occupations for task:
Furnish information concerning plays to scoreboard operators.
||Umpires, Referees, and Other Sports Officials
- Officiate at sporting events, games, or competitions, to maintain standards of play and to ensure that game rules are observed.
- Signal participants or other officials to make them aware of infractions or to otherwise regulate play or competition.
- Keep track of event times, including race times and elapsed time during game segments, starting or stopping play when necessary.
- Start races and competitions.
- Resolve claims of rule infractions or complaints by participants and assess any necessary penalties, according to regulations.
- Confer with other sporting officials, coaches, players, and facility managers to provide information, coordinate activities, and discuss problems.
- Direct participants to assigned areas, such as starting blocks or penalty areas.
||Coaches and Scouts
- Plan, organize, and conduct practice sessions.
- Arrange and conduct sports-related activities, such as training camps, skill-improvement courses, clinics, and pre-season try-outs.
- Plan and direct physical conditioning programs that will enable athletes to achieve maximum performance.
- Serve as organizer, leader, instructor, or referee for outdoor and indoor games, such as volleyball, football, and soccer.
- Develop and arrange competition schedules and programs.
||Recreation and Fitness Studies Teachers, Postsecondary