Related Occupations for Task
29-1061.00 - Anesthesiologists
Related occupations for task:
Provide and maintain life support and airway management and help prepare patients for emergency surgery.
- Assist with patient resuscitation during cardiac arrest or other life-threatening events.
- Remove patient hair or disinfect incision sites to prepare patient for surgery.
- Provide airway management interventions including tracheal intubation, fiber optics, or ventilary support.
- Assist in the provision of advanced life support techniques including those procedures using high frequency ventilation or intra-arterial cardiovascular assistance devices.
||Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
- Prepare patient for exam by explaining procedure, transferring patient to ultrasound table, scrubbing skin and applying gel, and positioning patient properly.
- Perform medical procedures, such as administering oxygen, inserting and removing airways, taking vital signs, or giving emergency treatment, such as first aid or cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- Provide emergency care, such as artificial respiration, external cardiac massage, or assistance with cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Perform endotracheal intubation to maintain open airways for patients who are unable to breathe on their own.
||Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologists
- Attach physiological monitoring leads to patient's finger, chest, waist, or other body parts.
- Place and secure small, portable magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scanners on body part to be imaged, such as arm, leg, or head.
See all 12 related occupations >>