Related occupations for task:
Examine patients or order, perform, and interpret diagnostic tests to obtain information on medical condition and determine diagnosis.
||Sports Medicine Physicians
- Order and interpret the results of laboratory tests and diagnostic imaging procedures.
- Record athletes' medical histories and perform physical examinations.
- Examine and evaluate athletes prior to participation in sports activities to determine level of physical fitness or predisposition to injuries.
- Examine, evaluate and treat athletes who have been injured or who have medical problems such as exercise-induced asthma.
- Conduct complete skin examinations.
- Recommend diagnostic tests based on patients' histories and physical examination findings.
- Conduct or order diagnostic tests such as chest radiographs (x-rays), microbiologic tests, or endocrinologic tests.
- Monitor fetal development by listening to fetal heartbeat, taking external uterine measurements, identifying fetal position, or estimating fetal size and weight.
- Order and interpret diagnostic or laboratory tests.
- Perform physical examinations by taking vital signs, checking neurological reflexes, examining breasts, or performing pelvic examinations.
- Evaluate the functioning of the neuromuscularskeletal system and the spine using systems of chiropractic diagnosis.
- Diagnose health problems by reviewing patients' health and medical histories, questioning, observing, and examining patients and interpreting x-rays.
- Examine patients to obtain information about their physical condition.
- Administer or order diagnostic tests, such as x-ray, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests.
See more related occupations >>