Related Occupations for Task
29-1081.00 - Podiatrists
Related occupations for task:
Surgically treat conditions such as corns, calluses, ingrown nails, tumors, shortened tendons, bunions, cysts, or abscesses.
||Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Perform surgery to prepare the mouth for dental implants, and to aid in the regeneration of deficient bone and gum tissues.
- Remove tumors and other abnormal growths of the oral and facial regions, using surgical instruments.
- Restore form and function by moving skin, bone, nerves, and other tissues from other parts of the body to reconstruct the jaws and face.
- Perform surgery on the mouth and jaws to treat conditions, such as cleft lip and palate and jaw growth problems.
- Perform minor cosmetic procedures, such as chin and cheekbone enhancements.
- Treat snoring problems, using laser surgery.
- Perform incisional biopsies to diagnose melanoma.
- Perform skin surgery to improve appearance, make early diagnoses, or control diseases such as skin cancer.
- Provide liposuction treatment to patients.
- Apply sutures, staples, clips, or other materials to close skin, facia, or subcutaneous wound layers.
- Clamp, ligate, or cauterize blood vessels to control bleeding during surgical entry, using hemostatic clamps, suture ligatures, or electrocautery equipment.
- Incise tissue layers in lower extremities to harvest veins.
- Remove diseased tissue, using surgical instruments.
- Perform oral or periodontal surgery on the jaw or mouth.
||Orthopedic Surgeons, Except Pediatric
- Diagnose bodily disorders and orthopedic conditions and provide treatments, such as medicines and surgeries, in clinics, hospital wards, or operating rooms.
- Operate on patient's musculoskeletal system to correct deformities, repair injuries, prevent and treat diseases, or improve or restore patient's functions.
See all 18 related occupations >>