Related occupations for task:
Maintain fire suppression equipment in good condition, checking equipment periodically to ensure that it is ready for use.
- Conduct inspections and acceptance testing of newly installed fire protection systems.
- Inspect and test fire protection or fire detection systems to verify that such systems are installed in accordance with appropriate laws, codes, ordinances, regulations, and standards.
- Arrange for the replacement of defective fire fighting equipment and for repair of fire alarm and sprinkler systems, making minor repairs such as servicing fire extinguishers when feasible.
||Municipal Fire Fighting and Prevention Supervisors
- Perform maintenance and minor repairs on firefighting equipment, including vehicles, and write and submit proposals to modify, replace, and repair equipment.
- Direct firefighters in station maintenance duties, and participate in these duties.
- Inspect and test new and existing fire protection systems, fire detection systems, and fire safety equipment to ensure that they are operating properly.
- Test and maintain tools, equipment, jump gear, and parachutes to ensure readiness for fire suppression activities.
- Maintain fire equipment and firehouse living quarters.
||Retail Loss Prevention Specialists
- Verify proper functioning of physical security systems, such as closed-circuit televisions, alarms, sensor tag systems, or locks.
- Inspect buildings, equipment, or access points to determine security risks.
- Clean and maintain fire stations and fire fighting equipment and apparatus.
- Inspect buildings for fire hazards and compliance with fire prevention ordinances, testing and checking smoke alarms and fire suppression equipment as necessary.
See all 10 related occupations >>