Related occupations for task:
Direct and supervise prescribed burn projects and prepare postburn reports, analyzing burn conditions and results.
||Municipal Fire Fighting and Prevention Supervisors
- Assign firefighters to jobs at strategic locations to facilitate rescue of persons and maximize application of extinguishing agents.
- Prepare activity reports listing fire call locations, actions taken, fire types and probable causes, damage estimates, and situation dispositions.
- Direct firefighters in station maintenance duties, and participate in these duties.
- Recommend personnel actions related to disciplinary procedures, performance, leaves of absence, and grievances.
- Direct investigation of cases of suspected arson, hazards, and false alarms and submit reports outlining findings.
- Supervise and participate in the inspection of properties to ensure that they are in compliance with applicable fire codes, ordinances, laws, regulations, and standards.
||Forest Fire Inspectors and Prevention Specialists
- Direct crews working on firelines during forest fires.
- Direct maintenance and repair of firefighting equipment, or requisition new equipment.
- Administer regulations regarding sanitation, fire prevention, violation corrections, and related forest regulations.
- Write detailed reports of fire inspections performed, fire code violations observed, and corrective recommendations offered.
- Supervise staff, training them, planning their work, and evaluating their performance.
- Develop and coordinate fire prevention programs, such as false alarm billing, fire inspection reporting, and hazardous materials management.
||Transit and Railroad Police
- Plan or implement special safety or preventive programs, such as fire or accident prevention.
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
See all 10 related occupations >>