Related occupations for task:
Appraise damage caused by fires and prepare damage reports.
||Forest Fire Inspectors and Prevention Specialists
- Estimate sizes and characteristics of fires, and report findings to base camps by radio or telephone.
- Compile and report meteorological data, such as temperature, relative humidity, wind direction and velocity, and types of cloud formations.
||Fish and Game Wardens
- Collect and report information on populations or conditions of fish and wildlife in their habitats, availability of game food or cover, or suspected pollution.
- Document the extent of crop, property, or habitat damage and make financial loss estimates or compensation recommendations.
||Lifeguards, Ski Patrol, and Other Recreational Protective Service Workers
- Complete and maintain records of weather and beach conditions, emergency medical treatments performed, and other relevant incident information.
- Drop weighted paper streamers from aircraft to determine the speed and direction of the wind at fire sites.
- Assess fires and situations and report conditions to superiors to receive instructions, using two-way radios.
See all 7 related occupations >>