Related Occupations for Task
39-2011.00 - Animal Trainers
Related occupations for task:
Feed or exercise animals or provide other general care, such as cleaning or maintaining holding or performance areas.
- Feed and water animals according to schedules and feeding instructions.
- Do facility laundry and clean, organize, maintain, and disinfect animal quarters, such as pens and stables, and equipment, such as saddles and bridles.
- Exercise animals to maintain their physical and mental health.
- Perform animal grooming duties, such as washing, brushing, clipping, and trimming coats, cutting nails, and cleaning ears.
- Find homes for stray or unwanted animals.
- Transfer animals between enclosures to facilitate breeding, birthing, shipping, or rearrangement of exhibits.
- Adjust controls to regulate specified temperature and humidity of animal quarters, nurseries, or exhibit areas.
- Install, maintain, and repair animal care facility equipment, such as infrared lights, feeding devices, and cages.
||Farmworkers, Farm, Ranch, and Aquacultural Animals
- Feed and water livestock and monitor food and water supplies.
- Herd livestock to pastures for grazing or to scales, trucks, or other enclosures.
- Shift animals between grazing areas to ensure that they have sufficient access to food.
- Protect herds from predators, using trained dogs.
- Groom, clip, trim, or castrate animals, dock ears and tails, or shear coats to collect hair.
- Spray livestock with disinfectants and insecticides, or dip or bathe animals.
- Milk animals such as cows and goats, by hand or using milking machines.
- Feed and water animals, and clean and disinfect pens, cages, yards, and hutches.
- Bathe and groom animals.
- Clip or shear hair on animals.
||Locker Room, Coatroom, and Dressing Room Attendants
- Clean facilities such as floors or locker rooms.
- Operate controls that regulate temperatures or room environments.
- Clean funeral parlors or chapels.
- Perform general maintenance tasks for funeral homes, such as maintaining equipment or caring for funeral grounds.
See more related occupations >>