Related occupations for task:
Contact prospective customers to determine customer needs, present information, or explain available services.
||Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Technical and Scientific Products
- Visit establishments to evaluate needs or to promote product or service sales.
- Contact new or existing customers to discuss how specific products or services can meet their needs.
- Emphasize product features based on analyses of customers' needs and on technical knowledge of product capabilities and limitations.
- Inform customers of estimated delivery schedules, service contracts, warranties, or other information pertaining to purchased products.
- Obtain building blueprints or specifications for use by engineering departments in bid preparations.
- Present information to customers about the energy efficiency or environmental impact of scientific or technical products.
||Advertising Sales Agents
- Locate and contact potential clients to offer advertising services.
- Explain to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible.
- Obtain and study information about clients' products, needs, problems, advertising history, and business practices to offer effective sales presentations and appropriate product assistance.
- Inform customers of available options for advertisement artwork and provide samples.
- Read catalogs, microfiche viewers, or computer displays to determine replacement part stock numbers and prices.
- Determine replacement parts required, according to inspections of old parts, customer requests, or customers' descriptions of malfunctions.
- Assist customers, such as responding to customer complaints and updating them about back-ordered parts.
- Demonstrate equipment to customers and explain functioning of equipment.
- Confer with customers and engineers to assess equipment needs and to determine system requirements.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations that explain products or services to customers and prospective customers.
- Arrange for demonstrations or trial installations of equipment.
- Visit prospective buyers at commercial, industrial, or other establishments to show samples or catalogs, and to inform them about product pricing, availability, and advantages.
||Demonstrators and Product Promoters
- Demonstrate or explain products, methods, or services to persuade customers to purchase products or use services.
- Learn about competitors' products or consumers' interests or concerns to answer questions or provide more complete information.
- Contact businesses or civic establishments to arrange to exhibit and sell merchandise.
See all 20 related occupations >>