Related occupations for task:
Calculate premiums, refunds, commissions, adjustments, and new reserve requirements, using insurance rate standards.
||Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks
- Perform financial calculations, such as amounts due, interest charges, balances, discounts, equity, and principal.
- Debit, credit, and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software.
- Compute deductions for income and social security taxes.
- Calculate and prepare checks for utilities, taxes, and other payments.
- Calculate, prepare, and issue bills, invoices, account statements, and other financial statements according to established procedures.
- Calculate costs of materials, overhead, and other expenses, based on estimates, quotations and price lists.
||Billing, Cost, and Rate Clerks
- Review documents such as purchase orders, sales tickets, charge slips, or hospital records to compute fees or charges due.
- Compute credit terms, discounts, shipment charges, or rates for goods or services to complete billing documents.
- Estimate market value of products or services.
- Establish or identify prices of goods, services, or admission, and tabulate bills, using calculators, cash registers, or optical price scanners.
- Calculate total payments received during a time period, and reconcile this with total sales.
- Compute and record totals of transactions.
- Balance currency, coin, and checks in cash drawers at ends of shifts and calculate daily transactions, using computers, calculators, or adding machines.
- Compute financial fees, interest, and service charges.
- Inform customers about foreign currency regulations and compute transaction fees for currency exchanges.
- Compute total charges for merchandise or services and shipping charges.
- Calculate and compile order-related statistics, and prepare reports for management.
See more related occupations >>