||Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists
- Adjust and reline brakes, align wheels, tighten bolts and screws, and reassemble equipment.
- Rebuild gas or diesel engines.
- Recondition and replace parts, pistons, bearings, gears, and valves.
- Specialize in repairing and maintaining parts of the engine, such as fuel injection systems.
- Disassemble and overhaul internal combustion engines, pumps, generators, transmissions, clutches, and differential units.
- Repair or adjust seats, doors, or windows.
- Adjust or repair computer controlled exhaust emissions devices.
- Mount, balance, change, or check condition or pressure of tires.
- Replace defective parts, using hand tools, arbor presses, flexible power presses, or power tools.
- Repair or adjust motorcycle subassemblies, such as forks, transmissions, brakes, or drive chains, according to specifications.
- Repair or replace other parts, such as headlights, horns, handlebar controls, gasoline or oil tanks, starters, or mufflers.
- Dismantle engines and repair or replace defective parts, such as magnetos, carburetors, or generators.
- Remove cylinder heads and grind valves to scrape off carbon and replace defective valves, pistons, cylinders, or rings, using hand and power tools.
||Automotive Master Mechanics
- Repair, reline, replace, and adjust brakes.
- Overhaul or replace carburetors, blowers, generators, distributors, starters, and pumps.
- Repair or replace parts such as pistons, rods, gears, valves, and bearings.
- Repair or replace shock absorbers.
- Replace and adjust headlights.
||Motorboat Mechanics and Service Technicians
- Repair engine mechanical equipment, such as power tilts, bilge pumps, or power take-offs.
- Replace parts, such as gears, magneto points, piston rings, or spark plugs, and reassemble engines.
- Inspect and repair or adjust propellers or propeller shafts.
- Adjust carburetor mixtures, electrical point settings, or timing while motors are running in water-filled test tanks.
||Outdoor Power Equipment and Other Small Engine Mechanics
- Repair and maintain gasoline engines used to power equipment such as portable saws, lawn mowers, generators, and compressors.
- Adjust points, valves, carburetors, distributors, and spark plug gaps, using feeler gauges.
- Repair or replace defective parts such as magnetos, water pumps, gears, pistons, and carburetors, using hand tools.
- Replace motors.