||Automotive Master Mechanics
- Repair, reline, replace, and adjust brakes.
- Tear down, repair, and rebuild faulty assemblies, such as power systems, steering systems, and linkages.
- Overhaul or replace carburetors, blowers, generators, distributors, starters, and pumps.
- Repair or replace parts such as pistons, rods, gears, valves, and bearings.
- Repair manual and automatic transmissions.
- Repair or replace shock absorbers.
- Replace and adjust headlights.
- Install and repair accessories, such as radios, heaters, mirrors, and windshield wipers.
- Repair damaged automobile bodies.
||Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists
- Recondition and replace parts, pistons, bearings, gears, and valves.
- Inspect, repair, and maintain automotive and mechanical equipment and machinery, such as pumps and compressors.
- Install or repair accessories.
- Diagnose and repair vehicle heating and cooling systems.
- Repair or adjust seats, doors, or windows.
- Replace defective parts, using hand tools, arbor presses, flexible power presses, or power tools.
- Repair or adjust motorcycle subassemblies, such as forks, transmissions, brakes, or drive chains, according to specifications.
- Repair or replace other parts, such as headlights, horns, handlebar controls, gasoline or oil tanks, starters, or mufflers.
- Dismantle engines and repair or replace defective parts, such as magnetos, carburetors, or generators.
- Remove cylinder heads and grind valves to scrape off carbon and replace defective valves, pistons, cylinders, or rings, using hand and power tools.
||Rail Car Repairers
- Repair or replace defective or worn parts such as bearings, pistons, and gears, using hand tools, torque wrenches, power tools, and welding equipment.
- Repair, fabricate, and install steel or wood fittings, using blueprints, shop sketches, and instruction manuals.
- Examine car roofs for wear and damage, and repair defective sections, using roofing material, cement, nails, and waterproof paint.
- Repair car upholstery.
- Repair window sash frames, attach weather stripping and channels to frames, and replace window glass, using hand tools.
||Control and Valve Installers and Repairers, Except Mechanical Door
- Replace defective parts, such as bellows, range springs, and toggle switches, and reassemble units according to blueprints, using cam presses and hand tools.
- Dismantle meters, and replace or adjust defective parts such as cases, shafts, gears, disks, and recording mechanisms, using soldering irons and hand tools.
- Repair leaks in valve seats or bellows of automotive heater thermostats, using soft solder, flux, and acetylene torches.