||Automotive Master Mechanics
- Repair, reline, replace, and adjust brakes.
- Tear down, repair, and rebuild faulty assemblies, such as power systems, steering systems, and linkages.
- Repair or replace parts such as pistons, rods, gears, valves, and bearings.
- Repair manual and automatic transmissions.
- Install and repair accessories, such as radios, heaters, mirrors, and windshield wipers.
- Repair or replace shock absorbers.
- Replace and adjust headlights.
- Repair damaged automobile bodies.
||Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists
- Adjust and reline brakes, align wheels, tighten bolts and screws, and reassemble equipment.
- Inspect, repair, and maintain automotive and mechanical equipment and machinery such as pumps and compressors.
- Install or repair accessories.
- Diagnose and repair vehicle heating and cooling systems.
- Repair or adjust seats, doors, or windows.
- Adjust or repair computer controlled exhaust emissions devices.
- Mount, balance, change, or check condition or pressure of tires.
- Replace defective parts, using hand tools, arbor presses, flexible power presses, or power tools.
- Repair or adjust motorcycle subassemblies, such as forks, transmissions, brakes, or drive chains, according to specifications.
- Repair or replace other parts, such as headlights, horns, handlebar controls, gasoline or oil tanks, starters, or mufflers.
- Reassemble frames and reinstall engines after repairs.
- Install and adjust brakes and brake pads.
- Install, repair, and replace equipment or accessories, such as handlebars, stands, lights, and seats.
- Install new tires and tubes.
- Install and adjust speed and gear mechanisms.
||Rail Car Repairers
- Repair, fabricate, and install steel or wood fittings, using blueprints, shop sketches, and instruction manuals.
- Examine car roofs for wear and damage, and repair defective sections, using roofing material, cement, nails, and waterproof paint.
- Repair car upholstery.
- Repair window sash frames, attach weather stripping and channels to frames, and replace window glass, using hand tools.