Related occupations for task:
Type, format, proofread, and edit correspondence and other documents, from notes or dictating machines, using computers or typewriters.
||Proofreaders and Copy Markers
- Mark copy to indicate and correct errors in type, arrangement, grammar, punctuation, or spelling, using standard printers' marks.
- Read corrected copies or proofs to ensure that all corrections have been made.
- Correct or record omissions, errors, or inconsistencies found.
- Typeset and measure dimensions, spacing, and positioning of page elements, such as copy and illustrations, to verify conformance to specifications, using printer's ruler or layout software.
- Read proof sheets aloud, calling out punctuation marks and spelling unusual words and proper names.
||Court, Municipal, and License Clerks
- Perform general office duties, such as taking or transcribing dictation, typing or proofreading correspondence, distributing or filing official forms, or scheduling appointments.
||Court Reporters and Simultaneous Captioners
- Proofread transcripts for correct spelling of words.
||Geoscientists, Except Hydrologists and Geographers
- Review environmental, historical, or technical reports and publications for accuracy.
||Legal Secretaries and Administrative Assistants
- Prepare, proofread, or process legal documents, such as summonses, subpoenas, complaints, appeals, motions, or pretrial agreements.
See all 14 related occupations >>