Related occupations for task:
Install watt-hour meters and connect service drops between power lines and consumers' facilities.
||Control and Valve Installers and Repairers, Except Mechanical Door
- Install, inspect and test electric meters, relays, and power sources to detect causes of malfunctions and inaccuracies, using hand tools and testing equipment.
- Install regulators and related equipment such as gas meters, odorization units, and gas pressure telemetering equipment.
- Mount and install meters and other electric equipment such as time clocks, transformers, and circuit breakers, using electricians' hand tools.
- Connect regulators to test stands, and turn screw adjustments until gauges indicate that inlet and outlet pressures meet specifications.
- Splice and connect cables from meters or current transformers to pull boxes or switchboards, using hand tools.
||Electrical and Electronics Installers and Repairers, Transportation Equipment
- Splice wires with knives or cutting pliers, and solder connections to fixtures, outlets, and equipment.
- Measure, cut, and install frameworks and conduit to support and connect wiring, control panels, and junction boxes, using hand tools.
- Repair circuits, wiring, and soldering, using soldering irons and hand tools to install parts and adjust connections.
- Insert plugs into receptacles and bolt or screw leads to terminals to connect equipment to power sources, using hand tools.
||Telecommunications Line Installers and Repairers
- Splice cables, using hand tools, epoxy, or mechanical equipment.
||Telecommunications Equipment Installers and Repairers, Except Line Installers
- Route and connect cables and lines to switches, switchboard equipment, and distributing frames, using wire-wrap guns or soldering irons to connect wires to terminals.
See all 15 related occupations >>