Related occupations for task:
Cut and peel lead sheathing and insulation from defective or newly installed cables and conduits prior to splicing.
||Automotive Body and Related Repairers
- Remove upholstery, accessories, electrical window-and-seat-operating equipment, and trim to gain access to vehicle bodies and fenders.
- Cut and tape plastic separating film to outside repair areas to avoid damaging surrounding surfaces during repair procedure and remove tape and wash surfaces after repairs are complete.
- Measure and mark vinyl material and cut material to size for roof installation, using rules, straightedges, and hand shears.
- Cut openings in vehicle bodies for the installation of customized windows, using templates and power shears or chisels.
||Automotive Glass Installers and Repairers
- Hold cut or uneven edges of glass against automated abrasive belts to shape or smooth edges.
- Cut flat safety glass according to specified patterns or perform precision pattern making and glass cutting to custom fit replacement windows.
||Musical Instrument Repairers and Tuners
- Cut new drumheads from animal skins, using scissors, and soak drumheads in water to make them pliable.
- Cut out sections around cracks on percussion instruments to prevent cracks from advancing, using shears or grinding wheels.
||Locksmiths and Safe Repairers
- Cut new or duplicate keys, using key cutting machines.
||Fabric Menders, Except Garment
- Trim edges of cut or torn fabric, using scissors or knives, and stitch trimmed edges together.
See all 17 related occupations >>