Related occupations for task:
Recommend or implement measures to motivate employees and to improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality, or efficiency.
- Evaluate machining procedures and recommend changes or modifications for improved efficiency or adaptability.
- Support metalworking projects from planning and fabrication through assembly, inspection, and testing, using knowledge of machine functions, metal properties, and mathematics.
- Advise clients about the materials being used for finished products.
||Heat Treating Equipment Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Determine flame temperatures, current frequencies, heating cycles, and induction heating coils needed, based on degree of hardness required and properties of stock to be treated.
- Determine types and temperatures of baths and quenching media needed to attain specified part hardness, toughness, and ductility, using heat-treating charts and knowledge of methods, equipment, and metals.
||Inspectors, Testers, Sorters, Samplers, and Weighers
- Recommend necessary corrective actions, based on inspection results.
- Interpret legal requirements, provide safety information, or recommend compliance procedures to contractors, craft workers, engineers, or property owners.
||Nuclear Power Reactor Operators
- Respond to system or unit abnormalities, diagnosing the cause, and recommending or taking corrective action.
- Recommend woods, colors, finishes, and furniture styles, using knowledge of wood products, fashions, and styles.
See all 9 related occupations >>