Related occupations for task:
Note malfunctions of equipment, instruments, or controls and report these conditions to supervisors.
||Petroleum Pump System Operators, Refinery Operators, and Gaugers
- Verify that incoming and outgoing products are moving through the correct meters, and that meters are working properly.
- Maintain and repair equipment, or report malfunctioning equipment to supervisors so that repairs can be scheduled.
||Packaging and Filling Machine Operators and Tenders
- Stop or reset machines when malfunctions occur, clear machine jams, and report malfunctions to a supervisor.
- Monitor the production line, watching for problems such as pile-ups, jams, or glue that isn't sticking properly.
||Extruding and Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Synthetic and Glass Fibers
- Notify other workers of defects, and direct them to adjust extruding and forming machines.
- Start metering pumps and observe operation of machines and equipment to ensure continuous flow of filaments extruded through spinnerettes and to detect processing defects.
||Chemical Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Patrol work areas to detect leaks or equipment malfunctions or to monitor operating conditions.
- Notify maintenance engineers of equipment malfunctions.
||Power Plant Operators
- Monitor power plant equipment and indicators to detect evidence of operating problems.
- Receive outage calls and request necessary personnel during power outages or emergencies.
See more related occupations >>