||Cooling and Freezing Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Read dials and gauges on panel control boards to ascertain temperatures, alkalinities, and densities of mixtures, and turn valves to obtain specified mixtures.
- Start machinery, such as pumps, feeders, or conveyors, and turn valves to heat, admit, or transfer products, refrigerants, or mixes.
- Measure or weigh specified amounts of ingredients or materials, and load them into tanks, vats, hoppers, or other equipment.
- Weigh packages and adjust freezer air valves or switches on filler heads to obtain specified amounts of product in each container.
- Load and position wrapping paper, sticks, bags, or cartons into dispensing machines.
||Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Place rolls of paper or cardboard on machine feed tracks, and thread paper through gluing, coating, and slitting rollers.
- Fill glue and paraffin reservoirs, and position rollers to dispense glue onto paperboard.
- Lift tote boxes of finished cartons, and dump cartons into feed hoppers.
- Load automatic stapling mechanisms.
||Pourers and Casters, Metal
- Pour and regulate the flow of molten metal into molds and forms to produce ingots or other castings, using ladles or hand-controlled mechanisms.
- Pull levers to lift ladle stoppers and to allow molten steel to flow into ingot molds to specified heights.
- Load specified amounts of metal and flux into furnaces or clay crucibles.
||Food Cooking Machine Operators and Tenders
- Observe gauges, dials, and product characteristics, and adjust controls to maintain appropriate temperature, pressure, and flow of ingredients.
- Turn valves or start pumps to add ingredients or drain products from equipment and to transfer products for storage, cooling, or further processing.
- Pour, dump, or load prescribed quantities of ingredients or products into cooking equipment, manually or using a hoist.
||Extruding and Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Synthetic and Glass Fibers
- Load materials into extruding and forming machines, using hand tools, and adjust feed mechanisms to set feed rates.
- Observe flow of finish across finish rollers, and turn valves to adjust flow to specifications.
- Press metering-pump buttons and turn valves to stop flow of polymers.