Related occupations for task:
Install structures or fixtures, such as windows, frames, floorings, trim, or hardware, using carpenters' hand or power tools.
- Fasten glass panes into wood sashes or frames with clips, points, or moldings, adding weather seals or putty around pane edges to seal joints.
- Set glass doors into frames and bolt metal hinges, handles, locks, or other hardware to attach doors to frames and walls.
- Install pre-assembled metal or wood frameworks for windows or doors to be fitted with glass panels, using hand tools.
- Cut, assemble, fit, or attach metal-framed glass enclosures for showers, bathtubs, display cases, skylights, solariums, or other structures.
- Secure mirrors in position, using mastic cement, putty, bolts, or screws.
- Cut and attach mounting strips, metal or wood moldings, rubber gaskets, or metal clips to surfaces in preparation for mirror installation.
||Drywall and Ceiling Tile Installers
- Fit and fasten wallboard or drywall into position on wood or metal frameworks, using glue, nails, or screws.
- Hang drywall panels on metal frameworks of walls and ceilings in offices, schools, or other large buildings, using lifts or hoists to adjust panel heights when necessary.
- Suspend angle iron grids or channel irons from ceilings, using wire.
- Install horizontal and vertical metal or wooden studs to frames so that wallboard can be attached to interior walls.
- Nail top and bottom rails to fence posts, or insert them in slots on posts.
- Attach fence rail supports to posts, using hammers and pliers.
- Nail pointed slats to rails to construct picket fences.
||Weatherization Installers and Technicians
- Make minor repairs using basic hand or power tools and materials, such as glass, lumber, and drywall.
- Install storm windows or storm doors and verify proper fit.
- Install rough door and window frames, subflooring, fixtures, or temporary supports in structures undergoing construction or repair.
- Examine structural timbers and supports to detect decay, and replace timbers as required, using hand tools, nuts, and bolts.
See all 11 related occupations >>