Related occupations for task:
Cover subfloors with building paper to keep out moisture and lay hardwood, parquet, or wood-strip-block floors by nailing floors to subfloor or cementing them to mastic or asphalt base.
- Join edges of carpet and seam edges where necessary, by sewing or by using tape with glue and heated carpet iron.
- Stretch carpet to align with walls and ensure a smooth surface, and press carpet in place over tack strips or use staples, tape, tacks or glue to hold carpet in place.
- Install carpet on some floors using adhesive, following prescribed method.
- Measure, cut and install tackless strips along the baseboard or wall.
- Nail tack strips around area to be carpeted or use old strips to attach edges of new carpet.
- Cut carpet padding to size and install padding, following prescribed method.
- Fasten metal treads across door openings or where carpet meets flooring to hold carpet in place.