Related occupations for task:
Obtain and verify evidence by interviewing and observing suspects and witnesses or by analyzing records.
- Validate known intelligence with data from other sources.
- Gather, analyze, correlate, or evaluate information from a variety of resources, such as law enforcement databases.
- Evaluate records of communications, such as telephone calls, to plot activity and determine the size and location of criminal groups and members.
- Gather intelligence information by field observation, confidential information sources, or public records.
- Predict future gang, organized crime, or terrorist activity, using analyses of intelligence data.
- Gather and evaluate information, using tools such as aerial photographs, radar equipment, or sensitive radio equipment.
- Interview, interrogate, or interact with witnesses or crime suspects to collect human intelligence.
- Obtain facts or statements from complainants, witnesses, and accused persons and record interviews, using recording device.
- Obtain evidence from suspects.
- Examine records and governmental agency files to find identifying data about suspects.
- Analyze completed police reports to determine what additional information and investigative work is needed.
- Question individuals or observe persons and establishments to confirm information given to patrol officers.
- Observe and photograph narcotic purchase transactions to compile evidence and protect undercover investigators.
||Private Detectives and Investigators
- Search computer databases, credit reports, public records, tax or legal filings, or other resources to locate persons or to compile information for investigations.
- Obtain and analyze information on suspects, crimes, or disturbances to solve cases, to identify criminal activity, or to gather information for court cases.
- Observe and document activities of individuals to detect unlawful acts or to obtain evidence for cases, using binoculars and still or video cameras.
||Gaming Surveillance Officers and Gaming Investigators
- Observe casino or casino hotel operations for irregular activities, such as cheating or theft by employees or patrons, using audio and video equipment and one-way mirrors.
- Review video surveillance footage.
- Subpoena and interview witnesses, property owners, and building occupants to obtain information and sworn testimony.
See all 10 related occupations >>