Related occupations for task:
Record evidence and documents, using equipment such as cameras and photocopy machines.
- Note, mark, and photograph location of objects found, such as footprints, tire tracks, bullets and bloodstains, and take measurements of the scene.
- Take photographs from all angles of relevant parts of a crime scene, including entrance and exit routes and streets and intersections.
- Videotape scenes where possible, including collection of evidence, examination of victim at scene, and defendants and witnesses.
- Observe and photograph narcotic purchase transactions to compile evidence and protect undercover investigators.
- Photograph damage and evidence related to causes of fires or explosions to document investigation findings.
||Police Identification and Records Officers
- Photograph crime or accident scenes for evidence records.
||Private Detectives and Investigators
- Observe and document activities of individuals to detect unlawful acts or to obtain evidence for cases, using binoculars and still or video cameras.
||Police Patrol Officers
- Photograph or draw diagrams of crime or accident scenes and interview principals and eyewitnesses.