Related occupations for task:
Examine records to locate links in chains of evidence or information.
- Validate known intelligence with data from other sources.
- Gather, analyze, correlate, or evaluate information from a variety of resources, such as law enforcement databases.
- Evaluate records of communications, such as telephone calls, to plot activity and determine the size and location of criminal groups and members.
- Gather intelligence information by field observation, confidential information sources, or public records.
- Predict future gang, organized crime, or terrorist activity, using analyses of intelligence data.
- Gather and evaluate information, using tools such as aerial photographs, radar equipment, or sensitive radio equipment.
||Private Detectives and Investigators
- Search computer databases, credit reports, public records, tax or legal filings, or other resources to locate persons or to compile information for investigations.
- Obtain and analyze information on suspects, crimes, or disturbances to solve cases, to identify criminal activity, or to gather information for court cases.
- Examine records and governmental agency files to find identifying data about suspects.
- Analyze completed police reports to determine what additional information and investigative work is needed.