Related Occupations for Task
17-2031.00 - Biomedical Engineers
Related occupations for task:
Develop new applications for energy sources, such as using nuclear power for biomedical implants.
||Fuel Cell Engineers
- Characterize component or fuel cell performances by generating operating maps, defining operating conditions, identifying design refinements, or executing durability assessments.
- Design fuel cell systems, subsystems, stacks, assemblies, or components, such as electric traction motors or power electronics.
- Manage fuel cell battery hybrid system architecture, including sizing of components, such as fuel cells, energy storage units, or electric drives.
||Solar Energy Systems Engineers
- Design or coordinate design of photovoltaic (PV) or solar thermal systems, including system components, for residential and commercial buildings.
- Design or develop vacuum tube collector systems for solar applications.
- Develop systems that produce electricity using renewable energy sources, such as wind, solar, or biofuels.
- Research or develop emerging microelectromechanical (MEMS) systems to convert nontraditional energy sources into power, such as ambient energy harvesters that convert environmental vibrations into usable energy.
- Apply nanotechnology to improve the performance or reduce the environmental impact of energy products, such as fuel cells or solar cells.
See all 6 related occupations >>